Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My head is spinning

I got a call from my OB's office yesterday saying that I have a UTI. And I have to be on antibiotics 2x a day for seven days. Great. Add that to my pharmacy of drugs I'm already taking! I'm surprised I have the UTI as I have had NO symptoms.

On a good note, yesterday was my last day of progesterone suppositories!!! I've switched to oral pills for the next nine days. Hooray for no longer wearing a panty liner every day and dealing with that "ickiness". LOL.

My all-day sickness is still here. Some days are better than others but I still puke an average of 4-5 times a week...this morning included. I took Jimmy to the vet and had the constant "please don't puke in here" running through my head the whole time. As soon as I got home I made his breakfast and as I was at the sink, well, there was my breakfast again. Blueberry muffins are not as yummy the second time around :-/

And my stomach is bruising again from the Lovenox. That seems to go in phases. I'll have a few good weeks and then all of a sudden my stomach looks like it's been used as a punching bag. At least it doesn't hurt, but it sure is ugly!

We heard the heartbeat again last night. That really does put my mind at ease and it certainly helps Ed feel like he's part of the whole experience. I'm so glad I rented the doppler! (Not that my puking doesn't put my mind at ease that I'm still PG. LOL)

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend! We'll be telling our families at BBQ's this weekend so that should be a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

I'm sorry for the all day sickness-I can't imagine how NOT FUN it must be! Have a great weekend and good luck telling the families!!

momma mimi said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon Maria. Have a happy and safe 4th and enjoy telling your family.

Katie said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about the UTI. And the all day sickness. Let me know when you and the nugget are up for some real yumminess, because I have something to send you. I can't wait to hear how telling the family goes. Enjoy your 4th!

Emily said...

Oh yuck! I am so sorry you have been so sick! Yay for the doppler though. Enjoy hearing that little baby heart beating:)

I am so happy for you that you get to share your big news this weekend. Enjoy every moment and try not to barf:)