Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is this really too much to ask?

I want to be able to eat a normal meal. I want to eat meat, fruits and veggies. I don't want to gag at the site/smell of of any particular food and I want to eat until I'm full. I want to be able to eat whatever is in my fridge or pantry and not search for the one thing that I will be able to keep down.

I want a great teethbrushing experience. I want to feel that I've cleaned every surface inside my mouth, without having to do it again because I threw-up midway through. I don't want to cover my bad breath with gum/mints.

I want to sleep through the night. I don't want to wake up at 2 am with a bladder that is ready to bust if I don't PEE RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE. And then I want to be able to go back to sleep and not have to get up at 3 am to have a bowl of cereal because I'm beyond famished because I could barely eat any dinner the night before.

This may very well be my one and only pregnancy and I want to be able to enjoy it to the fullest extent. I know I should be very grateful for being PG - and I AM - it's just that it's so exhausting not to be able to eat nutritious meals (and keep them down) or sleep well at night.

God, can we strike a deal? How about you take away my nausea/puking in exchange for something else. Stretch marks? Swollen feet? Acne? You name it. I'm getting worried that our Nugget isn't getting the nutrition s/he needs, so how about you help a girl out and let me eat a yummy steak dinner??? LOL.

3 comments:

Baby and Me said...

I am all for the eating normal prayer. I am some what over the yucky foods but it really comes in waves. I just want my skin back. My pretty flawless no acne skin.

Emily said...

Oh hon! Yuck. I am sorry. This must be very exhausting...

May you wake up tomorrow and be a new woman who can eat anything and everything!!

nickoletta100 said...

aw, hugs, I hope you can eat something soon, the m/s has to end sometime doesn't it?