Monday, July 28, 2008

15 weeks

I don't have much of an update on my end...still getting sick almost every day. I don't really feel as terrible as I did the past month, but I can't keep all of my meals down. I'm starting to see a real difference in my belly and I think I'll soon pass the looking "chubby" phase and move to the actually looking PG phase. LOL.

As for Nugget,
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria,
I am so happy for you. 15 weeks is a very good thing. I wish I had some wisdom for the morning sickness but alas I got "nothing". Take care and be kind to yourself.
Patty

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

15 weeks! Time is flying. I know I've said that before, but I can't help it!

I loved your comment! It was just what I needed. I'm feeling much better today about it all. I just keep reminding myself that my baby will be much cuter than hers!