Monday, July 14, 2008

WARNING: TMI Ahead

The past two weeks have been crazy in my mid-section. You all know of my senstive gag-reflex and that I've been throwing up a lot, so my dr put me on Zofran. One of the side effects is constipation. I thought it couldn't be all that bad and surely it wouldn't be as bad as the puking. Well, it kind of just took the edge off my nausea, but only sometimes. I still threw up every other day or so. But I hadn't gone #2 in 12 days. I spoke to my nurse and she gave me a list of things to take all in one day:
Liquid enema
Glysterine suppositories
Milk of Magnesia (this was hard to swallow)
Senokot stool softeners

My belly was getting so hard and uncomfortable, coupled with my nausea it just made me miserable. I stopped the Zofran in hopes my constipation would go away so I'm now dealing with a ton of grossness in my stomach.

I took the round of drugs for the first time on Thursday with a very pitiful outcome. Same thing on Friday. I didn't do it Saturday b/c we had to go out that night and I didn't want to be away from home and have to use the bathroom. I did it again yesterday with another lackluster response. So I upped my dosage last night to the max for each medicine.

Oh my.

What a mistake.

I went to the bathroom 6 times in about 30 minutes. Needless to say I am totally cleared out at this point.

I know that was all very unpleasant but I wanted to post it so that others who go through this know you're not alone. There are quite a few girls on the Nest going through this and I wanted to post my experience so you can weigh the pros and cons when deciding if you want to start Zofran. Sorry to gross anyone out :D

4 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

oh my, that sounds awful!!! I hope you feel better now :)

NoVaIrish said...

That sounds terrible - I am still struggling with this myself!

Tracy said...

Oh, you poor thing. :(

I'm glad you're all cleared out.

I hope your tummy issues start to go away soon.

Kristin (kekis) said...

12 days??? Girlfriend - that's awful! Glad you're feeling better now.