Friday, July 11, 2008

NT Scan results...

Thank you so much for your well-wishes. We had a great NT scan. The measurement was 1.09mm...well below the threshold of 2.5mm. PHEW! Now I know that we still have to wait five days for the blood test results, but I'm glad that our NT scan didn't produce any alarming results.

**Update 7/14** The genetic counselor called me last night to say my risk for Downs is 1:750 and Trisomy 18 is 1:10,000

It took her a while to get the measurement since Nugget was so active (as usual). She actually pushed on my belly quite a bit to try to get the baby to move into the right positioning. I didn't mind...the more time to look at my baby the better. And the heartbeat was great at 154 bpm.

She spent a lot of time showing us each arm and leg, the head from all angles and the bum...couldn't tell the gender yet though. Still too early for that.

So this is very reassuring and will put my mind at ease for a bit longer.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

I am glad that you had a great NT Scan.

Also - I just wanted to thank you for all your vibes that you have been sending me.

I am so glad that I did not go on my b-day. I know the news would have been the same.

I am also glad that we did not tell Colin (my son) - he took it pretty hard the last time. There is nothing worse than seeing your child hurt or upset.

If this in fact another m/c, we are going to be devastated. I had a D&C last time and will probably do the same. I don't even know if there would be enough to test though. Last time it was due to trisomy 22. If I get it tested and it comes back as a genetic defect again, then we might have to move on to IVF with PGD. I am not emotionally ready for IVF though.

Again - thanks for all your vibes and thought. Heck, stranger things have happened.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I am so glad you got good news, Maria! That's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Maria,
Great news! I am so happy for you, Ed and the lil' nugget! Relax and put your feet up this weekend.
Patty

Katie said...

That is the cutest little baby! I'm glad that things went well today. Now tell the little nugget to stop making you puke :)

nickoletta100 said...

YAY!!! Great news!

Kristen said...

I am so glad that you had such a positive scan! And what a sweet picture of your little one!!!

Kristin (kekis) said...

Now that's a BABY in there! And a cute one at that. :) I'm thankful you had good results from your NT. I'm sure you were scared to death.

momma mimi said...

Congratulations on the great NT scan Maria! That's wonderful.

Malloryn said...

Awesome news! That's a great picture too.