Sunday, June 29, 2008

11 weeks and Dopplerific!

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days. I have been feeling so crummy. I've had quite a bad bout of the afternoon-evening sickness and just generally feel like pooh. I stopped my estrogen pills a couple of days ago and that seems to have made a difference for the good. Hopefully when I stop my progesterone next week that will help even more.

On a better note, I got my doppler :) It came on Thursday but the probe was broken so they overnighted me a replacement. I was so nervous about trying so Ed and I agreed we'd do it today, when I was 11 weeks. All we could hear at first was my heartbeat. It took about ten minutes but we finally found Nugget's heartbeat!!! It made me tear up instantly and then I started to giggle. I was trying not to because it was hard to hear with the probe vibrating from my laughing. This is the first time I've ever heard my baby's heartbeat and it was just amazing. Ed was speachless. I'm going to try not to do it every day. But maybe the two of us can do it together a few nights a week.

It's music to my ears.

7 comments:

Newt said...

Oh, I'm glad you found it so fast! I find the doppler to be a huge comfort.

Kristin (kekis) said...

Not listen to it every day? Oh, I don't think so. I'd strap it to myself just for little checks here & there. :)

I see Newtie commented above me (::waving hands::). You both have virtually tail-less babies now!

Jill said...

Isn't it the most wonderful sound? We've had ours for almost 8 weeks now, and we still listen to it every night for a minute or two. Enjoy!

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

I can't believe you're 11 weeks already- that's fantastic! Plus, getting to hear the baby's heartbeat is priceless. I'm so happy for you!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I'm so glad you were able to find the heartbeat -- it's sooo reassuring between appointments.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
Glad things are progressing. Sounds like the little nugget is enjoying all the attention. Glad you have the doppler. They must be amazing. I would have been a much more relaxed pregnant woman with one of those.
Patty

Bec said...

11 weeks already - that is going so quickly! It must be an amazing feeling to hear that heartbeat :)