Tuesday, July 8, 2008

12w 2d peri appt

I met with one of my peri's today. Apparently I'll see a different one each time I go as they rotate who is in the office every week. This guy was really nice and I hope I get to see him more often. He took his time and answered all of my questions. He asked when I wanted to go back again and that I could go in as often as I liked. I told him I'm ok with two weeks and he said just to call if I need to come in sooner. FINALLY a dr who understands my anxiety of another m/c. So as of now I go back on 7/22. I think I can hold out till then since I have my trusty doppler :)

Everything was great with our Nugget. S/he was moving a bunch as usual. We have quite a little swimmer in there! Ed was finally able to go with me and he was so cute looking at the screen. At first he had no idea what he was looking at but then my dr. told him what was what and his face just lit up. I guess that is the only way it seems real to him. Well, aside from having to listen to me puke every day. LOL. Once I really start to grow a belly and he can feel the baby molve, it will help him feel more a part of it. But for now, he'll have to settle for pictures on the u/s screen.

Oh, and my blood pressure was down to 110/82. PHEW! It seems that me trying to cut out as much salt as possible may be working. Thank goodness b/c I REALLY miss french fries covered in bacon and cheese. MMMMMMM.

6 comments:

Elbee said...

=) Yay for great news and great doctors who understand!

Katie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a good appointment. How exciting for Ed to see the Nugget.

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

DO you know my DH?! :) He would probably only address the baby that way if we name a boy Luke. Hell, I would "Luke, I am your mother" just as much!

So happy this Peris are understanding of your anxiety. I love doctors like that!

Anonymous said...

So glad all went well for you at the drs. appt. It is always exciting to watch your DH's face the first time they can figure out the u/s, Keep up the good work.

Hopeful said...

I'm so glad the u/s went well for you

Ariella said...

I am glad you liked this peri and that he understood. As for having some relief with the Doppler I agree it really helps calm my fears.

R has a hard time sometimes with the whole "I'm pg now" thing too. Its like he forgets. He is getting better but for him the baby isn't all that real unless we are having an u/s or my doppler is out. Like you I know once my belly gets big it will feel more real to him