Friday, June 6, 2008

The good, the awesome and the gross.

First off the awesome...we have a heartbeat!!!! I was almost in tears and my Mom actually was. The little nugget is growing at the perfect rate. Phew. I go back Thursday and that may be my "graduation day"...God willing.

The good...I don't have to do PIO shots anymore!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!! Now, this is "good" and not "awesome" because this means I have to switch to the suppositories which some of you know are pretty icky. Better than the shots, but still not a walk in the park. I would shine my RE's shoes if he told me I could do the pills. Sigh.

The gross...I puked this morning while brushing my teeth. My Mom and Ed said it was from Nugget but I swear it's from my nerves. LOL. It was awful. Not only was puking part gross, but then I had a mouthful of toothpaste. Oh my, I'm making myself gag just thinking about it. That's all I have to say about that.

Well, have a great weekend and thank you all for carrying me through another stressful week!!!

Oh, and Reilly goes to her new home on Sunday. I know I'll cry but I will be glad to start getting some decent sleep (she likes to sleep ON me!).

19 comments:

Busted said...

YAY!!! Wonderful news. So glad to hear the nugget is doing well. Sorry about the puking incident though. Haha.

Anonymous said...

HURRAY for heartbeat of your little gem. Prayers do work and we will keep praying for as long as we have to to get you through this. The puking part, isn't so good, but it comes with the territory. Have a restfull weekend.

Jill said...

Yay! Congrats on seeing the heartbeat AND getting to stop PIO shots (I vividly remember that day -- one of the best days EVER)! I hope your m/s subsides!

irishdo said...

WOO HOO!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Hooray for a heartbeat!!! That's awesome news!

Katie said...

What wonderful news! I am so happy for you and Ed and the nugget!

Ariella said...

I am so gald to hear it went well. Congrats on seeing the h/b and measuring on target. I am sorry to hear about he throwing up. I get that way too some mornings.

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I am so glad for your good news. I can feel for your Mom. And happy tears are definitely warranted. I will continue my daily prayers to St. Gerard.
Congratulations to you and Ed on a positive heartbeat for little nugget.
Patty

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I stopped by for NaComLeavMo and it looks like this was the perfect day to do it - CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you the very best from here on out. Jan. 18 is a special day in our family - this coming year will be my grandparents 62nd Anniversary! I hope you have lots to celebrate that day as well. :)

Kristin (kekis) said...

Thank God for your little heartbeat!!! Keep growing Baby! No more PIO shots - ick to the supp tho.

Next time, why not try the toothbrush without toothpaste first? ;)

GL to Riley! We've learned that we can't foster dogs because we keep them. Thanks for picking up our slack!

Newt said...

I'm so thrilled to read the news! Good baby! Good little nugget!

nickoletta100 said...

YAYAYAYYA!! That is wonderful news! Congrats!!!

Amy said...

Yay for a beating heart! I'm so happy for you. And little nugget...keep up the good work! (visiting from NCLM)

JuliaS said...

Congratulations on a heartbeat! Good wishes for all to continue to go very well for you. :0)

NCLM

Katie said...

Via NaComLEavMo...
That's awesome news, well not the being sick part, but you know what I mean!

DC said...

Congrats on the heartbeat! I often make myself gag while brushing my teeth, and I'm not even pregnant.

Kristine said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Great news. Puking is a good sign. Not fun, but good news!

Here from NCLM

Emily said...

YAY!!!!!! A heartbeat! That most be the most beautiful sound ever. Sorry about the vomiting though. I hope Reilly is loving her forever home :)