Saturday, June 14, 2008

Growing Pains

For the past two days I've had a shooting/stabbing pain in my right side just about where my ovary would be. Tracy has dx'ed me with Round Ligament Pain (thanks to her Google MD, LOL). Some of you know what that is, but I'll explain for those who don't.

Babycenter.com says:
"The round ligaments surround your uterus in your pelvis. As your uterus grows during pregnancy, the ligaments stretch and thicken to accommodate and support it. These changes can occasionally cause pain on one or both sides of your abdomen."

It can be a very sharp pain, which would normally be very alarming, but once again I'm glad to have symptoms to let me know I'm PG and progressing normally.

Oh, and I got the best fortune last night at dinner: Soon a visitor will delight you!!

9 comments:

Samantha said...

What a great fortune to get for someone pregnant! That visitor is definitely on its way!

Pepper said...

What an appropo fortune! Congrats.

Visting from NCLM

Newt said...

Yay for symptoms (except puking, which sucks)!

I wanted to tell you I've been craving toaster pastries! I blame you and the nugget!

DC said...

Ouch! I hope the cramping gets better soon!!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I had a similar pain early on, and mine proved to be a (perfectly harmless) corpus luteum cyst on my ovary. It never went away as my doctor promised it would, but other new aches and pains have distracted me for a while now :)

Hooray for the lovely fortune!

manda said...

No joke, I got the same fortune last week. Also, when I first found out I was pg I got one that said 'Children's laughter, so beautiful to hear, soon will be a chance to have them very near.' I saved them both beacuse I am a nerd. XD

Katie said...

What a great fortune!! If you go see The Happening and Ed gets scared, tell him I send my deepest apologies :)

Anonymous said...

I just visited for the first time. I had to chuckle at your list of PG LOSS MANTRAS. I have repeated ALL of them at one point through this pregnancy (IVF#2 - 12w6d...7th week of bed rest).

And yes, those sharp pains really do come as a surprise.

Best wishes,

RMH

Anonymous said...

Maria,
Just checking on you to see how the MS is going. I had to laugh when I saw you could eat Chinese food (which I couldn't handle with Katie) and you couldn't handle toothpaste. I am sure I thought it was funnier than you did. Still keeping positive thoughts for little "nugget".
Patty