Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I thought I was being smart.

My revenge on my queasiness while trying to brush my teeth...


I had a good suggestion made to me to try a smaller kids toothbrush with a fruity flavored kids toothpaste. I thought it was brilliant! But have you ever tried something like the Colgate strawberry flavored stuff? It is so friggin sweet I don't know how it doesn't GIVE cavaties. LOL. But the smaller brush was fabulous! And the strawberry was much better than regular minty toothpaste.

Today's is my Mom's birthday so I took her out to lunch. It was really nice (she loves just the two of us going out). Then I dropped her off and work and I thought I was going to be sick. I had a plastic bag from CVS in my car and I kept it close by on the ride home. I guess my stomach didn't like the chicken cheesesteak or onion rings. But those were the best onion rings I've ever had! They were HUGE and had a real thick batter. Mmmmm.

Now I'm having a hard time thinking of what to make for dinner. We were supposed to have steak but that's totally grossing me out right now. What sounds really good is a PB&J sandwich. Extra crunchy peanut butter it is!!

I seem to do fine when I first wake up but then around 10-11 am I start to feel icky and it progresses through the afternoon. I try to keep food in my stomach every few hours but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for anything. Water used to help but now that's making me feel worse. I've heard some women say they take extra vitamin B6 so I'm going to ask my RE about that this Friday.

Although, I'm still glad when I feel sick b/c that makes me believe everything is ok with the little Nugget.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria,
Thanks for the update. Cheesesteak and onions rings. Yummy! I am going to see if Jim will go along with PB&J sandwiches for dinner.
Patty

Katie said...

I'm so glad for you that you have found a solution to the teeth brushing issue! Cheesesteak and onion rings sound delicious, and extra crunchy pb is the only way to go :)

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

I like the sickness too because it makes me feel more secure. Isn't that sad? I worry when I'm not feeling sick all day.

Tracy said...

I totally want thick onion rings now! You're such a food tease.

Glad the smaller toothbrush is helping.

Hang in there! Just a few more days and you'll get another reassurance that baby is okay. Good luck, Maria!