Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Heeeellllooooo?

Where did all my symptoms go? For the past two days I've been stuck on the couch with major nausea. Today, I'm fine. No horrible gag-reflexes going on here. This lack of symptom thing is so scary.

Some of you may remember me as the freak last fall/winter who has the Big O in her sleep and obsessed that is caused my losses. Well, it happened again last night. So of course when I wake up to no symptoms I lose my mind and think this "wet dream" (as Ed calls it) has caused my fourth loss. I was doing just fine with staying positive and believing everything was going smoothly with this pgncy. I do have an RE appt tomorrow morning so at least I only have 24 hours to freak out about this, but you can all guess what a long 24 hours this is going to be for me.

If I can start to feel nauseous again this afternoon maybe that will calm me down? Is nausea a totally weird thing to wish for???? Rolling my eyes at myself.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I can understand the wishing for nausea. It's some kind of confirmation. However, I'm sure that everything was fine... I was reading another NaComLeavMo blog (I can't remember which one) and the same lack of symptoms thing happened to her and it was all ok. My MIL (OB/GYN) says that symptoms come and go. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, anyhow.

Anonymous said...

Maria,
Will be wishing for symptoms to return real soon. Never thought I would be praying for nausea for you but whatever works to keep your little beansie where s/he needs to be.
Patty

Kristin (kekis) said...

Yes, I remember last year's freak out. I highly doubt that's the reason for m/c or your lack of symptoms. However, I do know what you mean about wanting m/s as awful as it is. Hurling and gagging is comforting for women like ourselves. Just hold tight and try to occupy your thoughts until tomoorrow. Keep us posted!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I spent a lot of time early on wishing for reassurance in the form of nausea or, even better, actual vomiting, so I don't think it's at all weird to wish for. For me, it never really came, and yet here I am, still pregnant. Keep us posted regarding tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck tomorrow. Hopefully you won't be sick the whole nine months but I know how nervous you are. Thoughts and prayers are with you for nothing but good news tomorrow. Keep us all posted.

Ariella said...

Oh Maria I wished for m/s all the time but have learned it means little. But it can be reasuring. I will be praying for your little one tomorrow.