Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Q & A Session

My last RE appointment is this Friday. Of course I'm freaking out over it. I've been seeing an RE since October 2006 and this one since April 2007. That's a long time of almost constant monitoring. What will I ever do without him? More importantly, whatever will I do without the awesome nurses?? They have helped me through some of the toughest moments of my life. Including literally holding my hand through my most recent D&C. I swear there is a special place in heaven for some of those ladies.

I'm trying to think of every possible question I should ask him before "graduating". I'm sure he'll give me instruction on my dosages of E2 and P4 and when I'm supposed to stop taking them. I'm thrilled beyond words that my first OB is Monday. That way I only have to go a few days before another check-up...not enough time for me to get worked up with too much worry again.

And then I'll need a list of questions for my first OB appt. My very first question will be to ask (well, beg) that I be seen every two weeks for the next couple of months. I don't know if my nerves could handle every four weeks. I just know I'd give myself a heart attack. LOL.

Of course I'm still freaking out that we'll get awful news this Friday. I am praying to see a nice steady heartbeat and get the "ALL CLEAR!".

You all know the drill...
Keep me and the little Nugget in your prayers that we get a great send-off this Friday!

7 comments:

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

I will definitely be thinking of you on Friday. I hope you get a big, fat ALL CLEAR.

I also hope the OB agrees to see you every two weeks and that you love them as much as your RE.

I definitely don't think I'm having multiples. I think I just have high numbers. I guess that's a down side to the internet- too much info at your finger tips!

Anonymous said...

Maria,
We are off tomorrow to help Katie & Mike move so you know I will keep the novena going and will wait for an update on Friday. I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best for little nugget at the U/S. I hope you can convince the OB you need a 2-week update for your own peace of mind.
Patty

Jessica White said...

Congrats on your graduation! I hope the doctor (RE and OB) give you two huge thumbs up that all is well!

Here via NCLM

SAHW said...

visiting from NCLM

Congratulations and I hope you have a great send-off and great first visit with the OB!

Kristin (kekis) said...

Oh, you're going to be a big girl now . . . all grown up and graduating. :) Everything will be great. Looking forward to hearing from you on Friday.

Ariella said...

Keeping you and little nuget in my thoughts and prayers on Friday. Please do the same for me on Thursday (my NT scan).

Kim said...

Hope all goes well with your 'graduation' tomorrow! I was so sad to leave my re too - my third was my last pg - I had seen these re's on and off from March 2000 until Jan. 2007 - almost 7 yrs! I also miss the nurses so much! nclm