Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend recap

I had a great birthday weekend. So far 30 doesn't "feel" any different than 29.

Friday night my SIL locked herself and 2 kids out of the house and BIL wasn't coming home till midnight, so they spent the evening with us. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and rented Bee Movie. It was actully really cute (I love mind-less movies right now)!

Saturday morning I had my follie check (posted that a few days ago) and I got yummy Cinnabons on my way home. I haven't had one in like ten years and they're still just as delicious!!! Saturday afternoon we were watching the Food Network and saw this great pub and it was only an hour from us. So we got dressed and went for a fun dinner. I still love going on "dates" with Ed :)

Sunday morning I woke up to him looking at me saying "Happy birthday babe!" and I smiled the whole day from that point on. Ed made me a fantastic breakfast, and then I had to go walk a few dogs. When I got back he had baked me a cake -- his first ever! It was chocolate with strawberry icing. He even wrote on it and added some sprinkles (I should have taken a picture). Sunday afternoon my SIL, BIL and their kids came over with cupcakes and gifts - chocolate covered pretzels and a cute picture frame with flip flops (I LOVE flip flops). Then we met my parents, brother, SIL and their kids for an awesome Italian dinner. I ate way too much and they suprised me with yet another cake after we had dessert there. I lost count of how many desserts that I ate in one day. But hey, if you can't splurge on your (30th) birthday, when can you splurge?!?!

So I'm now looking forward to my FET on Thursday and praying I can hold myself together knowing that it would have been one of my EDD's. Everything looks good in my uterus so far and I'm very hopeful at this point.

I start my PIO injections Tuesday morning and I think that is the only thing I'm dreading in this whole cycle. I wish DH didn't have to do them for me, but I just can't bring myself to do those huge needles. I can handle the little sub-q ones, but the IM make me nervous to give to myself.

Thanks for all of your great birthday well wishes :D

1 comment:

Newt said...

Wow, that sounds like such a great birthday! Can't have too many desserts!

Can't wait to hear about the new cycle. I have a really good feeling for you.