Monday, April 21, 2008

Back in the saddle

Today I had my first appt this month for my FET cycle. I haven't been there in a few months but as soon as I walked in the door I felt like I had never left. Everything is exactly the same, including touching the "fertility wheel" for good luck. It's something hung on the wall that you're supposed to touch at each appt for good luck in the fertility department. I used to be conscious to touch it every time and now I just do it as second nature. No thoughts of "TOUCH THE WHEEL OR YOU'LL JINX YOURSELF!!!" running through my mind. LOL.

The first nurse couldn't get any blood out of me and she tried both arms. OUCH. Then the head nurse came over and did it in two seconds flat. She rocks. Then I went for the u/s where I found out I had a cyst on one of my ovaries. The nurse didn't seem concerned at all, but I have to go back in two days to be sure I'm progressing properly. I got a call this afternoon saying my E2 is low (didn't get an actual number though) but I'm only on CD 10. I usually O around CD 18-20 so we're praying it increases in the next few days so I can O in a week or so. My lining was also only at 6 so that needs to thicken too. I'm on baby aspirin daily so that should help me in that area.

Other than that, nothing new to report. My dog walking business is still going well and I'm totally enjoying not working anymore. I'm so much happier and I am 99% stress-free. Yeah!

Sorry if this was a pretty boring post but I just wanted to get it all in just in case someone else is doing a frozen cycle and they want to compare protocol/results.

See you ladies on Wednesday :-)

3 comments:

Joy said...

Not boring! Always interested to keep up.

I wish you were in my area. I need a dog walker somethin' fierce. *ships my pup to you* Just ship him back when he's tired.

Newt said...

That all sounds really good. Hope the lining thickens and everything goes brilliantly.

I wish you could walk my dog, too!

Katie said...

I never find new posts boring! I hope the cystical goes away and the lining is nice and thick (is that weird that I hope that for you). I'm glad you are enjoying the dog walking! What a fun job!