Sunday, April 13, 2008

And so it begins, again.

Today is CD 1 and the start of our second FET cycle. This will be my fourth transfer and I'm comforted knowing that I know exactly what to expect as far as the protocol and procedures. So, in about 17-18 days I'll ask for some serious prayers that our 3 totsicles survive the Great Defrost and they make it safely into my uterus. And then I'll need all the sticky dust you can spare in hopes that one or more hang on for the long haul.

It's also exactly two weeks until my 30th birthday. I'm extremely unhappy that I won't be PG by then but at least I'll be in the midst of the cycle that will hopefuly get me there. As I'm sure I said before, I always thought growing up that I'd be done having my kids by the time I was 30. Obviously that ain't gonna happen and I've come to terms with it for the most part. But it still makes me pause for a moment when I think about it. To look on the bright side, at least I can get smashed on my b'day right? LOL.

7 comments:

Newt said...

I always think CD 1 is a nice optimistic day (unless you've just gotten a BFN, and then it sucks).

Hope this is the big one. Sending lots of love to the totsicles!

Kristin (kekis) said...

Good luck this round. I hope & pray this one is IT!

Emily said...

GL with your FET cycle! Ah...the goals we had as girls growing up. That was my goal too - I'll be 29 next month far, far from being on the way to completing my family! What's that saying? "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans?" Boo

Katie said...

I will be praying for you each day of this cycle! I have a good feeling :)

Ariella said...

GL this cyclewith your FET. I hope your B-day brings you lots of luck. You can be sure I will be praying and sending you tons of prayers when the time comes.

Malloryn said...

Good luck with the FET cycle! I hope that you get a nice belated birthday present :)

momma mimi said...

Good luck on this FET cycle. I hope you get a great belated birthday present with your BFP.

I had the same goal. I thought I'd have my first child at 25 and second/last at 30. I'll be 28 in August and have been working on child one for two years now.

Take care.