Thursday, November 1, 2007

One more checkmark on the list...saline SHG...done.

I had my saline sonohystogram today. Is that even what it's called? LOL. It was like a regular internal u/s but they put a balloon in my uterus first and then filled it with water. That hurt. I could feel my uterus expand and it was cramping up trying to resist it. That lasted for about 20 seconds and then it was over. They let the water out and I felt fine. Oh, but then my RE took the "duck lips" out and I swear it felt like he was trying to pull my cervix out! Apparently it had to come out before the cathetar/balloon came out so my cervix was dialted and the "duck lips" couldn't open any farther. OMG that was ridiculous. But it was all over pretty quickly and then I was perfectly fine to go back to work.

My results: everything is clear! All "products of conception" have passed and I should expect to O one day next week. I had a follie around 13 mm so we should have a nice sized target this month. Not that I have any real hopes for conceiving on our own, but it's nice to know my body went back to normal relatively quickly after my m/c.

No comments: