Sunday, November 4, 2007

He breaks my heart

DH and I were watching Flags of our Fathers (is that what it's called??) and the end of the movie really got to him. It was the part when the father and son where in the hospital and talking about what kind of Father he had been.

DH lost it...tears coming down his face. All he could muster to say was "I just want to be somebody's Dad so badly." Then I lost it. It was heartbreaking. All I could think to say was "I'm doing everything in my power to try to make that happen for us."

Then we just held each other. This is really taking a toll on us, but I am so glad we're getting through this together. Some days are just worse than others, especially when something like that movie triggers emotions. I can see how IF and m/c can tear couples apart. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful man as my husband. I love him.

No comments: