Friday, May 16, 2008

What the fuck?

I seriously don't know if I can handle this.

My 3rd beta came back at 445. It was 409 two days ago. My RE said that he's not really concerned because Wed.'s betas seemed awfully high to him (409), like the lab make a mistake or I'm losing a twin.

My first beta was 13.6 and 6 days later it was 409, so that basically said I doubled every single day, which is not normal (for a singleton). So if I had only doubled every two days, then Wed would have been around 100, and today would have been only 200. So he thinks I should stay optimistic about my 445.

If I take my 13.6 from 5/8 and 445 from 5/16, my doubling time is 37.7 hours (1.56 days). Which is textbook ideal doubling time.

Part of my thinks that makes total sense but then part of me thinks it's a total load of crap.

I don't go back again until Wed. for b/w and an u/s. This is going to be the longest fucking 5 days of my life, and I've had some VERY long days during my IF journey.

10 comments:

Busted said...

You just cannot get a break, can you? I definitely like the doctor's explanation, it makes sense to me. I hope that he is right, and I'm praying for at least one sticky baby hanging on for you.

Newt said...

Oh, shoot, I'm sorry you have something to worry about now. I hope your RE is right--it sounds plausible to me.

Huge hugs.

Emily said...

Oh geez! You did not buy a ticket for this part of the ride! I know the next few days are going to be super long for you, hang in there, breathe and take it one day at a time. Thinking of you and praying for you!!! HUGS!

Katie said...

Well rats! Don't they know this is stressful. I agree with everyone else that the RE is right. I of course am always sending prayers and hugs!

Kristin (kekis) said...

5 days??? That's like an eternity in your situation! I hope everything goes find with your next u/s & b/w. I'll be waiting for your update. Prayers & hugs until then . . .

nickoletta100 said...

Oh wow, how frustrating, this will be a very long weekend for you. I'll be thinking of you!

Tracy said...

I can't believe he's making you wait so long! That seems like an eternity.

I hope your doctor is correct and it's a good beta for one. Hang in there, sweetie. ((hugs))

Ariella said...

Sending you a big hug and I hope your RE is right and everything is fine.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Like everyone else, I'm hoping and praying the doc is right -- it certainly sounds reasonable. I hope Wednesday brings good news. Hang in there until then!! ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith girl, keep the faith