Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5w 3d update

I had my follow up b/w and u/s today and my RE says everything is going fine. We saw a gest. sac and he would like to see the yolk sac next week. I could have sworn that we needed to see the yolk sac today but I'm trusting my RE...as hard as that is for me to do.

My beta is 1700 and he thinks that is good based on my original 13.6 and ignoring my other betas. He still believes in the vanishing twin theory, but also said Lovenox has been known to screw with betas. So not only is my belly bruised and lumpy from the Lovenox, now it's fucking with me and putting me through beta hell. Those injections were supposed to be my answer to my RPL and now they're just messing things up in my mind. I just can't seem to win. Blech.

I go back Wed. 5/28 and there is no sense in me losing my mind over the next week. So as long as I don't see any red spotting (and I'm on major TP patrol) then I'm going with the mantra "I am pregnant today and I'm happy today".

Why does this have to be soooo hard?

5 comments:

Malloryn said...

I'm glad to hear that the RE was positive. I'm sorry that this has been hard. I hope your next appointment will put your mind at ease a bit.

Newt said...

Oh, I wish this were all easier. I'm glad to hear you have no spotting, and that your doctor is so positive. Hoping the next u/s brings even better news!

I'll hold my breath with you until then.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Just take one day at a time and pray the next day is as good as yesterday.

NoVaIrish said...

I'll join in on the breath holding - though perhaps it would be best if we each took turns holding our breath than doing it all at once?

Can't wait to hear another great update next week!

Kristin (kekis) said...

It's so hard because the naivete is gone, huh? I'm glad your betas are looking better. :) Looks like I'll have some Lovenox betas to look forward to someday. ugh. Take care & good luck w/ your next u/s!