Sunday, August 5, 2007

Our IF journey so far...began March 2006

Our first appoint with my RE, Dr. T was on Halloween 2006. DH's favorite holiday and I was making him go to a doctor. We have been trying since 03/06 with no luck. I've been charting my temp and it looks like our timing has been great. But still nothing.

I had diagnosed myself with LPD. I don't O until CD 20 and my LP is only 10 days long...not nearly long enough for an embryo to nestle into my uterus.

My RE ordered my bloodwork immediately and DH went right away for his SA. He was seething that he had to do this. I was a bit shocked at his reaction. I mean, I was not thrilled that we had to do all of this, but he was TICKED OFF about doing his business in an office. I have no time for his behavior. He's not the one who had to endure countless internal ultrasounds while AF was still here!

We hoped our IF road will be a short one. We were wrong. At that first visit, Dr. T asked if we wanted to get PG this month and we said "Of course, that is why we're here!"

November 2006 - Round 1 of Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN.
December 2006 - Round 2 of Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!!!!!

We were through the roof excited! It was perfect timing, we could tell our families at Christmas. It was perfect! I framed little baby poems in baby picture frames and gave them to our parents as gifts. It was magical. It was the best Christmas of my life.

Dec. 28 I started to spot. My stomach sank and I knew what was about to happen. I had a miscarriage. My life fell apart. A week later I had a D&E and it was all gone. My hopes and dreams felt like they were ripped out of me. I cried at the drop of a hat for a month.

We were back in the saddle in February repeating the same steps at before. BFN.
March, more of the same, another BFN.

In April 2007, I decided I needed to find a new RE. We went over my history and decided that IVF would be the next course of action for us.

I did IVF #1 in May 2007 - BFN.
They don't do two IVF cycles in a row, so June was back to Clomid and IUI, BFN.

July started my BCP's for IVF #2 and me trying to convince myself to stay hopeful.

I started my stims for IVF #2 on July 29. I have a new protocol, inlcuding the BCP's, Lupron, and a new dosage of Gonal-F and Menopur. I am hoping that doing things differently will be the trick for us.

I continue to go for b/w and u/s every other day. My office has been great, giving me the time off I need. I haven't gone into details with them, but they know I am seeing a doctor and having "procedures" done.

My body is getting tired, I've gained about 10 lbs since the start of my fertility drugs back in November and I've not been able to exercise as much as I'd like. On the plus side, my nails have never been nicer thanks to my PNV's!

I think I'm keeping a great attitude about all of this. I get emotional at times, but in general I think I'm doing well.

No comments: