Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What a crazy way to end 2007

As I posted yesterday, I spent Sunday night in the ER, and lost one of our twins. I went to my RE on Monday and the nurse said our sac was empty (blighted ovum). As you can imagine I was devastated. My doctor wasn't in so I went home and waited for his call in the afternoon. It was a terrible four hour wait for him to call. I was so upset. This would be my third loss this year. What a totally crappy 2007. Can't get much worse. We've been through so much in the past 14 months and I can't think of a worse time in my life.

BUT...

Then my RE called around 4:30 and he said that both he and another nurse saw a sac. So we're not down and out...yet. I have to go back on Friday and he said we should see the HB flicker by then.

Please please please send as many prayers as you can our way so that our little baby holds on. I'm having a hard time holding out hope as I don't want to get terrible news on Friday and go through those tears all over again. I feel so torn apart and broken. This pgncy has been such a roller coaster of them telling me things are ok, but me not feeling that they are.

I know the loss of the twin will affect my hCG numbers but it's still freaking me out that they're not doubling as quickly as I'd like them to. I know I should listen to my RE but I don't want to hold out false hope. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than devasted...again.

Oh how I wish 2008 is better than 2007.

7 comments:

Ariella said...

Your in my thoughts and prayers.

To your baby:
Hang on little one!

Busted said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your twin. I'm thinking about you and your baby and hoping that little one hangs in there!

Aunt Becky said...

You don't know me, but I followed your link from somewhere or another.

I'm thinking of you and your embie and saying good thoughts.

Lots of love.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I'm so sorry you lost the one twin. I've got all my crossables crossed for the other. Hold on little baby! You're in my thought and prayers.

Malloryn said...

You're in my thoughts -- I hope the Friday appointment puts your mind at ease. Take care.

tryingin2007 said...

I'm so sorry you are struggling right now. BUT there is still some hope. please try to hold onto that thought. I am such a nervous wreck over my pregnancy and I wish I could sleep though all this waiting and stressing and wake up in 9 months. after extreme IF it would be nice to enjoy a BFP right? ugh.

Joy said...

Still praying for you guys..