Thursday, January 17, 2008

I was rear-ended last night.

First off --- nobody was hurt.

I was driving to meet DH last night and I was waiting patiently on a highway on-ramp. I was singing along to my Jimmy Buffett CD and I was in a great mind-set. Then WHAM! I was rear-ended. I look in my rear-view and I see a "US Army" sticker on the windshield and I'm thinking oh great, a huge Army guy is going to get out and scream at me and blame me for this.

Instead a tall, thin guy, maybe only 18 gets out and he looks scared to death. Now I do have to say he was a HOTTIE. His hair was short and his body was toned. Yumm-o. Lucky for both of us we just had scratched bumpers so the repairs shouldn't be that bad. It will just be an inconvenience to have my car in the shop to get fixed. We exchange our info and he was just too darned cute. I doubt he'd been in an accident before and just apologized about five dozen times.

I was able to hop back into my car and I wasn't even late to meet DH. So, it didn't put a damper on my night at all.

Just a few months ago that would have totally upset me. And now I see it's really not a big deal and in the grand scheme of things I'm only concerned that nobody got hurt. Thankfully I wasn't PG at the time so I didn't have to worry about the safety of my baby.

And my life goes on essentially unchanged by that event.

No comments: