Thursday, August 21, 2008

Argh.

Why can't husbands just do what they're told? I mean, seriously.

We have a walk-in closet in our bedroom and the layout is all messed up. There is so much wasted space. So today I took advantage of the Back to School sales at Target and got some nice closet organizers and baskets. When Ed got home from work I asked if he could help me assemble them tonight so I could get everything organized tomorrow. He said sure. I don't want to waste our weekend doing it and I want to do it while he's not home cause he'd just get in the way.

So it got to be past 9:00 and he finally agreed to start working on them. He opens the one box, see the screws and stuff and says it's too much to do tonight. He'll do it tomorrow. Then he goes to bed.

WTF?

No he di-int.

That just messes up my whole plan. I don't have a thing to do tomorrow so it was the perfect day to be locked up in our room getting this done.

Now I'm going to have to do it myself. And that's tough b/c some of the shelves are long and it doesn't seem like a one-person job. Wish me luck that I don't injure myself :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! we could be married to the same person.

Justin and Natalie said...

I think he might be my DH too. LOL.

Melissa said...

I agree with both PPs.. That is totally my husband.. I haven't had a working sink in my bathroom since March..

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Ack. P can sometimes be the same way (as can I), but we're running out of time to postpone, so stuff getting done all over the place these days.

Joy said...

Husbands, thank God we love them!

Katie said...

I hope for Ed's sake that he put together the shelves before you had your day off :)

Tracy said...

Oh, does that sound ever so familar. Hope Ed helped you out!

Bec said...

Sounds like something my husband would do!