Monday, April 4, 2011

L&D Trip #3 at 31 weeks

Just when I think things are going smoothly, I end up in L&D for a few hours.

Yesterday afternoon around 4pm I started feeling some contractions. There was no pain with them, but they were every 10-15 minutes for about two hours. Ed finally said it was time to call my peri. After describing the feelings to her, she told me to head straight to the hospital. They kept me hooked up to the monitors for a few hours and saw that I was having small contractions every few minutes (more than I even felt). The babies looked great - awesome heart rates and lots of movement. I was checked and my cervix is not dialated, and it's long and posterior. Since there was no dilation, I was sent home with orders to take it easy even more than I already am (I'm already on modified bedrest).

I'm praying we make it five more weeks so we can hopefully avoid a stay in the NICU. I'm getting very worried that we may not make it that far. My hospital bag is packed but I hope it gets a nice layer of dust sitting in the corner of my bedroom before we need it. LOL.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Please keep cooking, Little Ones. Take care of yourself, Sweetie. And give EJ a kiss for me.