Saturday, April 16, 2011

L&D Trip #4 at 33 weeks

This time my trip to L&D was a bit more serious, but I'm still pregnant so all is good...

Thursday night around 11:30 I started having some contractions. My pain level was around a 4, which is the most painful they've been so far. After two or three I realized that they were kind of close together so I started timing them. They were only TEN minutes apart and very regular. The intensity/pain would vary but it was a constant every ten minute event. This went on for a few hours. I kept debating whether or not I should call the doctor. Some didn't seem so bad, and it was the middle of the night, so I put it off as long as I could hoping they'd slow down.

It turned 3:30 and it was still every ten minutes, and the pain was growing so I caved and called my peri. I got the answering service, but my doctor called me back in like three minutes. I explained it all to her and she told me to get my tush in there. I called my Mom to take me to the hospital (Ed stayed home with a sleeping EJ because he had to work on Friday). I really figured it would be like my normal trips and they'd monitor me for an hour and then send me home.

It was actually a bit different.

As soon as they hooked me up we could see the twins had great heart rates and movements (I was feeling them move all along so I wasn't worried about that). My contractions were actually more frequent than I even felt and a lot strong in intensity. The arcs on the graphs were at the top of the screen and coming every few minutes. They gave me an IV, had me pee in a cup and drew blood. I was there for about three hours when my tests came back normal and my contractions grew farther apart and less intense. Apparently I was dehydrated so I've been ordered to drink 3 liters of water a day. YIKES. How many times will I pee if I drink that much?!? Haha.

My Mom and I got home around 7:30 am and we were both exhausted. I hadn't slept a wink all night. I spent the day relaxing, but I was still contracting and in some pain. We're praying our little twinfants stay put for at least two more weeks (3-4 is ideal) but we're starting to see that might not happen. I've been switched from Lovenox to Heparin as one more preparation/precaution in case I go preterm.

Every day I stay pregnant is a great thing so we're living one day at a time now and I'm resting as much as I possibly can so my body doesn't go into labor any sooner than necessary.


Kristin (kekis) said...

You better be resting! I'd say "don't make me come up there" but then you might use that as an excuse. :) Make sure Lynda has my number, so I can get any important calls, texts & pictures when the time comes. But, until then . . . REST and drink your water! xox

Meinsideout said...

I hope you stay pregnant for at least three more weeks! Fingers crossed!