Saturday, April 16, 2011

L&D Trip #4 at 33 weeks

This time my trip to L&D was a bit more serious, but I'm still pregnant so all is good...

Thursday night around 11:30 I started having some contractions. My pain level was around a 4, which is the most painful they've been so far. After two or three I realized that they were kind of close together so I started timing them. They were only TEN minutes apart and very regular. The intensity/pain would vary but it was a constant every ten minute event. This went on for a few hours. I kept debating whether or not I should call the doctor. Some didn't seem so bad, and it was the middle of the night, so I put it off as long as I could hoping they'd slow down.

It turned 3:30 and it was still every ten minutes, and the pain was growing so I caved and called my peri. I got the answering service, but my doctor called me back in like three minutes. I explained it all to her and she told me to get my tush in there. I called my Mom to take me to the hospital (Ed stayed home with a sleeping EJ because he had to work on Friday). I really figured it would be like my normal trips and they'd monitor me for an hour and then send me home.

It was actually a bit different.

As soon as they hooked me up we could see the twins had great heart rates and movements (I was feeling them move all along so I wasn't worried about that). My contractions were actually more frequent than I even felt and a lot strong in intensity. The arcs on the graphs were at the top of the screen and coming every few minutes. They gave me an IV, had me pee in a cup and drew blood. I was there for about three hours when my tests came back normal and my contractions grew farther apart and less intense. Apparently I was dehydrated so I've been ordered to drink 3 liters of water a day. YIKES. How many times will I pee if I drink that much?!? Haha.

My Mom and I got home around 7:30 am and we were both exhausted. I hadn't slept a wink all night. I spent the day relaxing, but I was still contracting and in some pain. We're praying our little twinfants stay put for at least two more weeks (3-4 is ideal) but we're starting to see that might not happen. I've been switched from Lovenox to Heparin as one more preparation/precaution in case I go preterm.

Every day I stay pregnant is a great thing so we're living one day at a time now and I'm resting as much as I possibly can so my body doesn't go into labor any sooner than necessary.

2 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

You better be resting! I'd say "don't make me come up there" but then you might use that as an excuse. :) Make sure Lynda has my number, so I can get any important calls, texts & pictures when the time comes. But, until then . . . REST and drink your water! xox

Meinsideout said...

I hope you stay pregnant for at least three more weeks! Fingers crossed!