Sunday, March 6, 2011

L&D Trip #1

Late Friday afternoon I started having a bit of pain/pressure in the lower left side of my abdomen. The feeling would come and go, but it wasn't like a contraction. It lasted for an hour or so and when Ed got home from work he made me call my peri. She had me head straight to L&D so I could have a non-stress test (NST). I had a bunch of them with EJ so I knew what to expect. They hooked me up and found both babies' heartbeats right away.

Everything looked great with the babies and they confirmed I wasn't contracting. They tested my urine and said there were some good things and some bad things: tiny bit of protein, red and white blood cell counts were appropriate, and I think she said there were some ketones (???). But all in all, it looked fine. We never really found out what was wrong, but I was relieved enough to know it wasn't the twins. The pain lasted on and off Friday night and it was totally gone when I woke up Saturday morning. Just one of those freaky things that caused some excitement on an otherwise boring Friday night. LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad all is well. I cannot believe how big EJ looks in his picture!

Hang in there!

Lisa - meinsideout