Friday, January 1, 2010

A Year in the Life

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY EJ!!!!!
You are the most wonderful thing that has happened to us. We love you more each day and we're so lucky and proud to have you as our son! Love, Mommy & Daddy xoxox

One of my favorite songs from the musical "Rent" inspired this post...

525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?
It’s time now to sing out, tho the story never ends let's celebrate remember a year in the life!


How would I measure the past year?
5000+ baby wipes used
2200 diaper changes
2200 bottles/meals prepared
1500 hours spent rocking my baby
1000+ outfit changes
365 midnight feedings
185 3am feedings
100+ loads of laundry
50 canisters of formula
40 boxes of diapers
2 vacations this year...1 to TX and 1 to NC
1 moment frozen in time when he said "Ma!" for the first time
Countless smiles and giggles that melt my heart daily :)

This has been the best year of my life. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for EJ and us as a family. It's hard to say it, but I don't have a "baby" anymore...I have a "toddler". There is a whole world out there waiting for EJ to explore and it's going to be so exciting to see it all through his eyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday EJ!!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday.May your all wishes comes true.


SEO Firm

Debbie said...

how funny! when i think about Jacob turning 1 next month, I also was thinking about guesstimating how many times we've done the things you listed....okay he still has midnight feedings?!?! poor mommy!!

happy birthday ej!! :)