Monday, July 29, 2013

It's been a while...

I can't believe I haven't posted in this blog in over a year. There was a time when I think I posted (almost) daily. Where to begin???
First off, we're all doing well :) EJ is now 4 and a half and the twins (Jacob & Jillian) turned two in May. They're getting so big!! Being a SAHM is not as easy as I thought it would be. It's exhausting. It's constant. It's noisy. And I love it all. It's the best job I've ever had and can't fathom there will be a time when I don't get to spend every day with my munchkins. I love watching each step my kids take towards growing up. I'm so blessed. Our family is complete, and I feel complete in it. It hasn't all been rainbows and flowers. We have certainly had our days of struggle. Things are not always perfect between me and my DH, but we strive to be great parents and great partners to each other. As the kids gain more independence, I find I have more time for myself. I have been able to reestablish some of my interests, outside of the kids. As a whole, that has really helped me become a better mom. When I have time to step away from them, it makes me miss and appreciate them when I return home, or when they return to me from two quick hours at preschool. So many of the wounds have IF have healed, but I still roll my eyes when I hear of friends/family who conceive their first month trying. Why does that still sting??!! LOL But my struggles and the knowledge I have gained from it all have certainly helped other family/friends to find their way through IF. It's still a very taboo subject that many keep hidden, but I'm happy for those who have come out from hiding to ask for help or suggestions. I believe it was a few months ago that the pioneer for IVF passed away. As I read the article, my eyes filled with tears as I know that had it not been for this man, I would not have my three precious IVF miracles. **Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.**

No comments: